Workshops, Clinics and Rehearsals
Rhythm Section Performance Workshop Series
(How to work with a LIVE band!) Our most popular workshop!
How do I learn the same “language” as the musicians. What order are the solos? How do I count-off the entire band? Where do I look? Who’s in charge? How can I truly make music with a whole trio? Singing with a trio can be thrilling, but it’s daunting too. If these questions resonate with you, come to our rythmn section workshop and get ready to move to the next level.
This workshop is a rare opportunity for singers to work with one of the top rhythm sections in the Northwest jazz scene. Each series includes 3, half-hour sessions with piano, bass and drums and myself. The students will work up 4 songs for the performance. We work on communication with the instrumentalists, song form, solos, arrangements, mic technique and stage presence. Students are encouraged to stay as long as they like and watch the other participants. Each 3 week session ends with a performance at local Jazz club/venue where singers have the option of recording themselves or showcasing for gigs…and of course inviting their friends and family to see them!!
Other rhythm section workshops
I’m also offering a “double” workshop! This allows you to perform 8 songs at Tula’s. You’d have 3, 1-hour rehearsals with the band and myself. You can ask to make any month a “DOUBLE”. The cost is$560 and subject to space availability.
Although the workshops were started primarily as a forum for vocal students, we have recently had pianists, saxophonists, guitarists and a violinist take the workshop as well.
The band will offer to share the wisdom they have to budding instrumentalists who join us and wish to work on their comping, soloing and improvisation skills. They may also wish to augment their time in the workshop with some private lessons with the bandmember of their choice.
Greta’s “Drop in” Rehearsal Sessions
PLEASE INQUIRE AND RESERVE A SPOT
Do you wish you had a great band locked up in your basement that you could drag out to play with anytime you like? 🙂
Well, I’m about to offer the next best thing!
My great band is going to be available to YOU twice a month!
In MY living room, all yours to play with and:
- Practice new material!
- Prep for going to a jam session!
- Learn how intros, endings and solo sections will sound on stage!
- Prep audition material!
- Prep for an upcoming workshop with me!
- Get coaching from me about how to communicate with musicians!
- Get to know the musicians that host North City Bistro’s jam session, so YOU can feel comfortable at jam sessions!
NOTE: this is different from the rhythm section workshop in that there’s no performance included and will be no drummer. But its a less expensive way to get some practicing done with pros!.
You may reserve a 1/2 hour with us for $60 or an hour for $120
This is perfect for my singers who have not been able to do a workshop with me and need a little encouragement to get out there and try singing in public! Offered monthly, please inquire
YOU Sing with a Big Band!
Bucket List Item!
One performance a year at a Seattle Jazz Club with our 10-piece band, YOU can be ready to sing 3 charts with them!
The workshop/performance offer:
- Choose and prepare 3 songs from my list of available big band charts.
- Choose from arrangements written for Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Wilson, Tony Bennett, Mel Torme, Sarah Vaughn and others!
- I will provide you with additional accompaniment tracks to practice with.
- Offer includes one 1/2 hour rehearsal with the big band and a performance. $275
Offered once a year, please inquire
VOCALIST RECORDING WORKSHOP
Level 1 (Laying vocals over a bed-track)
Level 2 (Laying live tracks down with band)
$250 LIMIT 5 SINGERS
Guidance in the recording studio. Learn how to be efficiant and professional in the studio with guidance from a seasoned pro.
4 day Vocal intensive Workshop!
4 consecutive days of work with Greta and her band preparing for a performance at Tula’s.
This workshop is especially useful for singers outside the Seattle area who wish to work with Greta and perform!
- Day one: 3 hour session with Greta discussing material, choosing songs, keys, getting accompaniment tracks to practice.
- Day 2 : Greta using more of her unique improv techniques and sylizing concepts. Discuss good vocal mechanics and long term vocal regimines’ to stay in shape! Discussing arrangement ideas for your set of 5 tunes.
- Day 3 : 3 hours of rehearsal with Greta’s Trio
- Day 4: Performance of up to 5 tunes at Tula’s Jazz Club.
Offered periodically $300